Monday, September 24, 2007

awards list

I explored the top Real Estate websites since my husband is a realtor. First, I went on Zillow.com and thought the information, especially the arial maps were out of date. I searched my neighborhood and noticed that the kitchen addition we added in 2004 is not pictured, so the satelite images they are offering are not very recent. Being in the business I know that the market changes frequently, so this is very misleading. The site also pinpointed houses that recently sold in the neighborhood, but some information, like # bedrooms was incomplete. Not a very useul site.
Second, I went on Housingmaps.com which is listed as a "Craigslists – Google Maps mashup". the maps are just street maps and the listings shown are classified ads submitted to Craigslist. Yuck.

No comments: