Tuesday, September 25, 2007

summary

First and foremost I am glad to be done! I think the Technology Fair was fantastic and opened the eyes of many who attended. The 23 things was an extension of this, but for me it was bad timing during SRP. I feel that lot of this new technology and websites fit into a certain, unique cubby hole. I was interested in most, though I found a use for only a few.
My favorites were creating the Meez, LibraryThing,the 2.0 perspectives, and You-tube.
I am part of a generation/population that finds use for and takes advantage of the internet for some tasks. It seems that there is another part of the population (and I may be discriminating to say the younger generation) that sees the computer and the internet an extension of themselves. In this way it is second nature to post thoughts/ideas into blogs or journals, to publish pictures online, and to look for socialization there. For me, I felt like a voyeur into others lives, many times thinking "why would I care?" and "why would you say/show this online?" I realize that the internet has created a wonderful, enormous , sometimes compelling, sometimes mundane, but ever changing world in itself. I guess I am more comfortable with little pieces than the whole ball of wax. All in all though, if asked to do so, I would do this again.

No comments: