Monday, September 24, 2007

library 2.0

I read all the articles presented here. Memories of LATI are just too fresh, but I digress.

I got the following out of the authours comments
  • we should steer away from a "just in case" collection of books. This is the reason we have created a book deposit collection on the RR with our abundance of book that fit into this category. We hope they will get a secind chance in the center itself
  • we should place library services into their daily patterns of life in the users preferred environment. access*information*service*anytime*anywhere. sounds a bit familiar.
  • technology should be put to the test---does it meet the users need in a new or improved way? this, I see, is the point of 23 things. though many new tech items are not for me, I see the need for others to use tech to make their job/life easier

No comments: